Spook tacular Recipes for a Palatable Halloween
It's Halloween time folks! And we're fearlessly geared up to celebrate this festival with a grand house party. But you are wondering how to build up a spooky ambience with tidbits and stuff that ghosts and ghouls feast on. Worry not, we'll tell you how to cook up a meal that your guests will relish. Here are some Halloween-special recipes that will make your private party super fancy and fun without giving the flavours a miss!
Spicy Vampire Bat Wings
1 kg chicken wings
100 gma garlic, peeled
100 gms ginger
5 green chilis
1 tbsp chili paste
50 gms coriander leaf
1 tbsp chili oil
5 tbsp oil
1 tbsp corn flour
2 red capsicum
100 spring onion
Salt, as per taste
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
White pepper powder, a pinch
1 ltr chicken stock
1. Clean the wings, marinate with salt, pepper and egg.
2. Heal oil, fry chicken wings till crispy.
3. Take another wok, heal oil, sautÃ© garlic, ginger, onion and chili.
4. Add stock, chilli paste, sugar, vinegar, red capsicum and coriander.
5. Check seasoning, thicken with corn flour, toss the wings with a little chili oil
6. Serve hot. Garnish with spring onions.
20 gms spice mix (equal quantity of cinnamon, clove, ginger powder, allspice powder)
1 cup sour cream
425 gms roasted pumpkin puree
Â¼ cup oil
225 gms cream cheese, softened
Â¼ cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
450 gms powdered sugar
1-Â½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree celcius. Mix cupcake ingredients together with mixer until blended. Spoon the mixture into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
2. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Let it cool in a pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
3. To make icing, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually add in sugar. Blend in cinnamon if desired. Spread over cupcakes. Keep refrigerated. Add garnished with sliced strawberries.