To ensure that Indian railways is able grow, while also remaining financially healthy and passenger-friendly several recommendations have been made in 2015-16 rail budget. It has come with far greater expectations â€“ with its prime focus on making train journeys more convenient and less time consuming. Here are 10 noteworthy highlights of this yearâ€™s rail budget you need to know:
1. Passengers would now get an SMS alert about the exact arrival and departure of their train
2. No increase in rail fares this year
3. Under â€œOperation 5 minutesâ€, passengers travelling unreserved will now be able to purchase a ticket in less than 5 minute.
4. Some 400 stations will have the facility of Wifi
5. Passengers can now make complaints against railway officials on the go by simply using a mobile app
6. Paperless ticketing and hand-held devices for TTEs to be introduced.