India is celebrating the 66th Republic Day â€“ the commemoration of a historic moment when India's constitution came into being on 26 January 1950, an even that completed the country's long-sought transition toward becoming an independent republic nation.
The iconic moment, that replaced the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India, thereby installed a democratic government system. The day was chosen because it was also this day in 1930 when the Declaration of Indian Independence aka "Purna Swaraj" was declared by the Indian National Congress.
The event, which is one of the three most important national holidays of India â€“ the other two being Independence Day in 15 August and Gandhi Jayahi in 2 October â€“ is celebrated with patriotism and much enthusiasm in the country.
Large military parades â€“ with huge number of representatives from the Indian Army, Navy and air Force and traditional dance troupes taking part in it â€“ are held in New Delhi. For the celebration of Republic Day 2015, India is excitedly awaiting the arrival of US president Barack Obama as the Chief Guest. The moment will be closely observed by the world and is expected to ameliorate the diplomatic relation between the two democracies.
Best Quotes to Share
1. "We are Indians, firstly and lastly." â€“ B.R Ambedkar
2. "Citizenship consists in the service of the country." â€“ Jawaharlal Nehru
3. "Let new India arise out of peasants' cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper." â€“Swami Vivekananda
4. "I feel that the constitution is workable, it is flexible and it is strong enough to hold the country together both in peacetime and in wartime. Indeed, if I may say so, if things go wrong under the new Constitution, the reason will not be that we had a bad Constitution. What we will have to say is that Man was vile." â€“B.R. Ambedkar
5. "You must be the change you want to see in the World" â€“ Mahatma Gandhi
6. "If not other than our common groun to meet, let me remember the anonymous, for once at lease, beyond the patriotic floats display on a Republic Day" â€“ Unknown
7. "Constitution is not a mere lawyers document, it is a vehicle of Life, and its spirit is always the spirit of Age." â€“ B. R Ambedkar
Messages, Wishes and Greetings for Republic Day
1. "When they resisted the booming and shelling of the colonial guns, our founder fathers wanted nothing bur sovereignty for this nation. Let us always defend this gift from our predecessors. Happy Republic Day!
2. Republic Day is the Time to Recall the Famous Vande Mataram, the chant that gave us the freedom. May the Indian spirit prosper forever. To remember is to cherish.
3. Freedom in mind, faith in words. Pride in our hearts and memories in our souls. Let's salute the nation on Republic Day 2015.
4. May the brightest star in its course visit no land freer, happier, lovelier, than this our own land. Best wishes to you on this Republic Day!
5. Let every teacher teach the student how to love this nation, let every parent instill in his or her sons and daughters the beauty of our nation. Happy Republic Day!
6. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems! Happy Republic Day.
7. Justice, liberty, equality, fraternity. May our dream of a new tomorrow come true for us.
8. Today, let us remember the golden heritage of our country and feel pound to be a part of India.
9. India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most artistic materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!".Happy Republic Day.
10. Saluting India! Where each bud blooms in its true colours, where each day is celebration of unity, harmony and synthesis. Happy Republic Day.